NEW We are pleased to announce the release of Orika 1.5.4 ! This version is available on Maven central repository
Orika is a Java Bean mapping framework that recursively copies (among other capabilities) data from one object to another. It can be very useful when developing multi-layered applications.
Struggling with hand coded and reflection-based mappers? Orika can be used to simplify the process of mapping between one object layer and another.
Our ambition is to build a comprehensive, efficient and robust Java bean mapping solution. Orika focuses on automating as much as possible, while providing customization through configuration and extension where needed.
Orika enables the developer to :
- Map complex and deeply structured objects
- "Flatten" or "Expand" objects by mapping nested properties to top-level properties, and vice versa
- Create mappers on-the-fly, and apply customizations to control some or all of the mapping
- Create converters for complete control over the mapping of a specific set of objects anywhere in the object graph--by type, or even by specific property name
- Handle proxies or enhanced objects (like those of Hibernate, or the various mock frameworks)
- Apply bi-directional mapping with one configuration
- Map to instances of an appropriate concrete class for a target abstract class or interface
- Map POJO properties to Lists, Arrays, and Maps
Orika uses byte code generation to create fast mappers with minimal overhead.
Want to give Orika a try? Check out our new User Guide
- YourKit supports Orika with its full-featured Java Profiler. Take a look at YourKit's leading software products: YourKit Java Profiler.
- JetBrains kindly provides Orika with a free open-source licence for their IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate edition.