LoadingCache<Key, Graph> graphs = Caffeine.newBuilder() .maximumSize(10_000) .expireAfterWrite(5, TimeUnit.MINUTES) .refreshAfterWrite(1, TimeUnit.MINUTES) .build(key -> createExpensiveGraph(key));
Features at a Glance
Caffeine provides flexible construction to create a cache with a combination of the following features:
- automatic loading of entries into the cache, optionally asynchronously
- size-based eviction when a maximum is exceeded based on frequency and recency
- time-based expiration of entries, measured since last access or last write
- asynchronously refresh when the first stale request for an entry occurs
- keys automatically wrapped in weak references
- values automatically wrapped in weak or soft references
- notification of evicted (or otherwise removed) entries
- writes propagated to an external resource
- accumulation of cache access statistics
In addition, Caffeine offers the following extensions:
Use Caffeine in a community provided integration:
- Spring Cache: As of Spring 4.3 & Boot 1.4
- Scaffeine: Scala wrapper for Caffeine
- ScalaCache: Simple caching in Scala
- Camel: Routing and mediation engine
- jooby: Modular micro framework
- Druid: Real-time analytics
Powering infrastructure near you:
- Cassandra: Manage massive amounts of data, fast
- Infinispan: Distributed in-memory data grid
- Akka: Build reactive applications easily
- Ratpack: Lean & powerful HTTP apps
- Corfu: A cluster consistency platform
- Orbit: Virtual actors on the JVM
- Finagle: Extensible RPC system
- Neo4j: Graphs for Everyone
In the News
- A short look at what Caffeine brings to your applications.
- An in-depth description of Caffeine's architecture.
- Caffeine is presented as part of research papers evaluating its novel eviction policy.
- TinyLFU: A Highly Efficient Cache Admission Policy by Gil Einziger, Roy Friedman, Ben Manes
- Adaptive Software Cache Management by Gil Einziger, Ohad Eytan, Roy Friedman, Ben Manes
On the radar,
- Early discussions with HBase, Solr, and Play!
- W-TinyLfu implemented by go-tinylfu, mango-cache, transitory, and ohc
Download from Maven Central or depend via Gradle:
compile 'com.github.ben-manes.caffeine:caffeine:2.6.2' // Optional extensions compile 'com.github.ben-manes.caffeine:guava:2.6.2' compile 'com.github.ben-manes.caffeine:jcache:2.6.2'
See the release notes for details of the changes.
Snapshots of the development version are available in Sonatype's snapshots repository.